A Systematic Approach to Assessment and Evaluation of Nursing Programs
Publication Date:May 5, 2016
Availability: IN STOCK
Price : $49.99
You pay $39.99
You save $10.00
DescriptionPublished by the National League for Nursing, A Systematic Approach to Assessment and Evaluation of Nursing Programs promotes innovation and excellence in nursing education by providing truly transformative strategies for conducting ongoing formative and summative evaluation of nursing programs.
Expert authors provide examples, guidelines, and practical approaches that are designed to help nurse educators and administrators:
- Understand program evaluation beyond accreditation.
- Decide how program evaluation data should be collected.
- Develop and implement a program evaluation plan.
- Prepare for the accreditation process.
- Use data to make sound program decisions.
“Colleagues, you will find the daring ingenuity of excellence in each of these chapters. Along with the accreditation of nursing programs, the chapters explore program evaluation models, the development of systematic program evaluation plans for schools of nursing, the assessment of online courses and programs, the evaluation of specific program types, and the successful management of organizational change.”
Beverly Malone, PhD, RN, FAAN
CEO, National League for Nursing
About the Authors
- Marilyn Oermann
- Marilyn H. Oermann, PhD, RN, FAAN, ANEF, is the Thelma M. Ingles Professor of Nursing and Director of Evaluation and Educational Research at Duke University School of Nursing, Durham, North Carolina. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Nurse Educator and the Journal of Nursing Care Quality. Dr. Oermann is the author/co-author of 17 books, more than 150 articles in peer-reviewed journals, and many other types of publications. Her current books are Evaluation and Testing in Nursing Education (4th ed.); Writing for Publication in Nursing (3rd ed.); Teaching in Nursing and Role of the Educator: The Complete Guide to Best Practice in Teaching, Evaluation, and Curriculum Development; and Clinical Teaching Strategies in Nursing (4th ed.). She edited six volumes of the Annual Review of Nursing Education. Dr. Oermann is a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing and the National League for Nursing (NLN) Academy of Nursing Education. She received the NLN Award for Excellence in Nursing Education Research and the Sigma Theta Tau International Elizabeth Russell Belford Award for Excellence in Education.